Duration: 1,5 hours - Participants: 1-8 - Head masks: 1 - Available languages: 4 - Price: request price list
THE COURSE IN A NUTSHELL
- Each participant chooses 1 mask from 60 available models.
- There is a short presentation on the technique of creating Venetian masks.
- The decoration technique is chosen among the many available.
- The teacher shows each participant how to decorate their mask to achieve the desired effect.
- Participants finish their mask with the use of metallic colours, varnishes, waxes, rhinestones and feathers.
- The decorated mask is ready to be taken away.
Course description in detail:
This course is designed for families and small groups of friends. It offers a complete experience but, by reducing the number of masks per head to be painted and the duration, it is much cheaper than the PREMIUM course.
Each participant will paint a mask of their choice in an hour and a half and will discover how an authentic Venetian mask is made. Although it is a mainly practical course, there will also be a brief explanation of the history of masks.
There are more than 60 raw models available, all handmade in papier-mâché and of all possible categories: traditional Venetian, theatre (Commedia dell'Arte), fantasy, etc.
Once the mask has been chosen, participants will be inspired by the examples of decoration on display. The painting techniques available are easy to use but never trivial, also used by professionals.
The instructor will always be present to guide and facilitate the work and will show all the steps of the technique chosen by the participants so that they can create their work independently and creatively.
Once the decoration is finished, each participant will choose how to finish their mask. Each type of finishing gives an additional possibility to personalise their work.
At the end of the course, the masks are completely dry and can be taken away immediately.
Opt-out and more informations about cookies here.
I agree and close
The oldest and finest mask making workshops in Venice.